Sunday, April 12, 2009

my rock *because adding an 's' would make it sound weird*

it's english week...

there was a short sketch this morning by the primary 4 students... a very simple sketch, but it struck a chord in my heart...

it told the story of the 'friendship' between a boy and an apple tree... how the boy loved to play with the apple tree when he was small but the older he grew, the less time he would spend with the tree, only coming to it to ask for help... the tree would be happy whenever the boy came to visit and gave him whatever he asked for... first it was the apples for the boy to sell and buy toys with the money he got... then it was the branches to build a house for the boy, who by this time had become a young man, for his family to live in... then its trunk to build a boat for the boy to sail in... at the very end, the tree offered its roots for the old man to rest his tired body

needless to say, the story was an analogy...

the students went on to explain how the tree represents our parents and how much they are willing to give of themselves in our time of need but, more often than not, we, as children, are not willing to do the same... at times we don't even acknowledge them for all they have done for us

ibu & ayah, you have done so so so much for me... from the day i was conceived, you have given everything to make sure i want for nothing
every day, during every prayer, i pray to Allah that He takes care of you as how you have taken care of me all this time

ibu & ayah, you have tolerated all my shit and put up with my tantrums, whinings & angsty moments, i pray that if and when the time comes, i would be able to care for you just as, if not better, than how you have cared for me

ibu & ayah, thank you for your presence and your understanding and your endless support of everything i do... for guiding me and loving me without conditions... for believing in me and being proud of me even though there was almost nothing to be proud of

ibu & ayah, if i am able to be half as good a parent as you have been for me, i would be content

"thank you ibu, thank you ayah for bringing us out!"

No comments: