Sunday, January 18, 2009

I AM being sincere!

You know, I think it's easier for rich people to say that we should be sincere in the work we do and not simply go through the motions just to get the paycheck at the end of the month. I think it's easier for people who already have the money to insist that other people should not be so... 'money-minded'...

When you're already able to afford a bungalow or two... a car or two or four... go on a holiday overseas with your whole family every year, I guess it would be easier for you to volunteer your time and effort without expecting anything in return.

I think it's much more difficult for people who hardly have enough to feed themselves three square meals a day to think like that. When you have to go out to work to pay the house rent, electricity, water bills... when your money runs out before the month does NOT because you're out partying every night, it might be just a little bit difficult not to look forward to that monthly paycheck.

I like my work... I love being with my kids every day regardless of how rowdy and trying they can be... I want the very best for each and every one of them and I give as much as I can every single lesson. But I have to admit, if I didn't absolutely need the money I wouldn't be here at all... I would much rather be at home and fulfil my duties as a mother and a wife and a daughter.

So it kind of hurts when I'm constantly reminded that I should be doing this job sincerely... with all my heart... and not expect too much every time the 30th rolls by... It hurts when I look around and see all these changes being made and have to wonder how is it that I don't get what should be mine...

I know that rizki comes ONLY from Allah and to Him only do I ask and pray... but what of those who withhold what could be mine?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babe... what happen?

tata